Saturday, September 26, 2015

On Getting Out of the Way

How do YOU get out of the way and let inspiration happen?

Me?

I made a desk,
Or rather
A desk made me.

While toying
Tossing
Wrestling ideas
Wrangling plots
Characters
Motives
Swirling the story
Letting it
Present
New patterns
Pieces
And possibilities
The mundane
Instructions
Emptied me out
Step by step
I trickled aside
And the story
Fell in to place.

I made a desk
Or rather
A desk made me~ Olivia J. Herrell


My New Sauder Writing Desk 
















Olivia J. Herrell is currently working on BLESSED ARE THE PEACE MAKERS, a Fantasy trilogy set in Atlanta, Georgia, in the not-too-far-distant future. Author of the blog "Olivia J Herrell, That Rebel with a Blog", and a member of the Relentless Writers Group, you can find her articles here once-a-month (or so). 

No comments:

Post a Comment